The North Bothnia Line
New 270 km railway in northern Sweden, constructed for both freight and passenger traffic.
Creating opportunities for people and enterprise throughout Europe.
The infrastructure has for a long time been neglected in the area and the EU has pointed out the lack of a railway link between Umeå and Luleå as a significant bottleneck in the European core railway network.
• New 270 km railway.
• Construction started 2018, for the first 12 kilometers to Dåva.
• The railway plans between Dåva and Skellefteå will be completed in 2021.
• Will only use renewable electricity.
• Constructed for both freightand passenger traffic.
• Halves the travelling timesbetween the cities.
Want to read more?
Please download this PDF:
The North Bothnia Line Groups objective is to gather and share facts as a base for information of the ongoing project North Bothnia Line, in order to inform decision-making actors.
The work of the Norrbotniaban Group is financed by the municipalities of Umeå, Robertsfors, Skellefteå, Piteå, Luleå, Boden, Kalix and Haparanda, Regional political body in Norrbotten county, Regional political body in Västerbotten county. Boliden Mineral, Smurfit Kappa, SSAB EMEA, SCA Munksund, Norrbottens Byggmästareförenings Fastighets, BILLERUDKORSNÄS and LKAB.
The North Bothnia line Ltd was established in 2008 by the Regional political body in Norrbotten county and Regional political body in Västerbotten county as well as the municipalities of Umeå, Robertsfors, Skellefteå, Piteå, Luleå, Boden, Kalix and Haparanda. With purpose to:
– Provide the continued work with a clear legal and organizational platform.
– Clearly highlight the seriousness of the region’s own ambition and commitment to implement the project.
THE NORTH BOTHNIA LINE GROUP
Skellefteå kommun, Samhällsutveckling, 931 85 Skellefteå, Sweden, firstname.lastname@example.org
THE NORTH BOTHNIA LINE LTD.
Svartuddsvägen 1, 941 85 Piteå, Sweden